6 December 2012

Puzzle your friends with your amazing nails

Rubik's Cube! I had to throw these up here even though I did them a while ago as I still get heaps of questions about them from my followers on IG and FB. How did you do these? How did you get them so neat?


Simple answer...they took agesssssss! I will do a tutorial for them when I have more time but for now here is a quick explanation.

  1. Paint your nails black. Wait for them to dry COMPLETELY or apply a fast drying top coat to cheat a little and get them to dry fast.
  2. Cut up 30 pieces of striping tape
  3. 3. Lay them in a tic-tac-toe arrangement however also add a strip to the top and bottom of the nail
  4. Fill in all the little square spaces with a small detail brush. 
  5. Remove tape in the reverse order to how you applied it - super important! 
  6. Use a black striping brush/polish to run over the lines if they are a little messy and add some black to each side of the nail.
  7. Wait for at least 10 min before applying top coat so that your lines or colours don't smudge or smear.


It's really not too hard just a little time consuming :) As for the polishes I used, well I kinda mixed and matched a few polishes together to get the right hue for the Rubik's Cube colours. If you give them a try I would love to see so please share. On a side note...I had a Rubik's cube when I was little and for the life of me I could never work it out and drove me to despair that I couldn't solve it lol 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...