17 April 2013

Bridal Nails - A twist on the traditional French manicure

Bridal nails...should they make a statement or take a backseat on your big day? I'm more of a "It's all about the dress" kinda girl, so I think a nice subtle but dreamy combo is the way to go. So how to make a statement with your nails that's barely there? The answer and I think my new obsession, the stamping jelly sandwich. Its a stunning nail trend that's happy to be the bridesmaid. 


This look is easy to achieve if you are a half decent stamper. The key to success with the stamping jelly sandwich is all in your polish choices. You need opaque on the bottom and super sheer on the top so that you don't cover the stamped design too much. The sheer layer on top takes the edge off the white stamping and blends it to the opaque colour underneath, creating that translucent jelly look.


Step 1: Choose a creme polish in nude or blush pink that is pretty much opaque in one coat. If you have to do another thin second coat to reach opacity thats fine, you will just have to wait a bit longer before you stamp. The polish I used for this step is Orly - Decades of Dysfunction.

Step 2: Stamp your chosen design. I used Konad m65 and Konad special polish in white.

Step 3: After your stamping is dry use a very sheer polish in the same hue as your first colour. If you chose blush pink for the bottom then find a sheer pink, if you choose a nude base, then use a peachy nude sheer. I chose China Glaze - Diva Bride. Do one very thin coat stroking your brush lightly over the top of your stamping. Try to apply it in 3 strokes and don't overlap.



This is one of my most favourite designs ever. I think its so stunning and girly. The roses bring romanticism and femininity to your nails without being tacky and in your face. The stamping jelly sandwich is a great nail art technique that I look forward to experimenting with lots more. 


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...