10 September 2013

#31dc2013 - Day 10: Gradient

10 straight days of new nail art! Loving the challenge this year, its so much fun the 2nd time around. Today's theme is gradient nails. I enjoy doing gradient nails, it was one of the first techniques that I tried when I started experimenting with nail art. Gradients are so pretty and the design has morphed into many forms; the original two colour gradient, 3 colour gradient, glitter gradient, reverse glitter gradient, the vertical gradient and the gradient dotticure just to name a few.


Today's design features:

  • Picture Polish - Hot Lips (neon pink)
  • Lime Crime - Pink Parfait (lighter pink on index finger)
  • Petia's Polish - Musk Sticks (glitterbomb) 


The stamp is from the Winstonia collection which is available here. I stamped using Konad white then used a small brush to add some Musk Sticks over the top. Arrgh the gorgeousness of Musk Sticks is just too much! 

For the gradient nail this is the technique that I used. I did this tutorial ages ago but thought I would share again because it works really well mixing the colours beforehand, You get a much subtler effect versus painting the polish straight onto the sponge which can result in a "liney" gradient instead of a nice faded look.


I love reading all your comments so please keep sending them my way. Until tomorrow...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...